Beastie Boys are working to lessen their environmental impact on tour this summer. The $1.00 charitable donation included in ticket prices will go to an EcoFund with the non-profit organization ARIA (Artists Resources in Action). With this donation, ARIA will help the Beastie Boys plan an environmentally sustainable tour including...
- offsetting the estimated global warming CO2 emissions from band, crew and gear travel as well as the powering of the concerts;
- coordinating BioDiesel to be used in the touring vehicles that transport gear from show to show;
- organizing a cell phone recycling collection program for concert goers at the shows;
- arranging for voter registration at all shows;
- coordinating local and national non-profit organizations to conduct environmental and social justice education and outreach at shows;
- and fund non-profit organizations working towards environmental sustainability.